Let's cut to the chase...
After months of praying, thinking, waiting for DRC to reopen, more praying and thinking, we've decided to adopt domestically for #2. We're working with an agency that will network on our behalf to maximize our chances of being matched with a birth mom. We could be matched in just 7 months or so!
For close to 18 months we waited, hoping that DRC would lift their suspension on exit letters and resume "normal" adoption processes. We researched and considered other international programs but never felt the nudge to move on any of them. As we prayed and considered domestic adoption, we both felt that it was the way to go. This was clearly God working on our hearts as we were dead set on international adoption since we started the process the first time. We still hope to adopt from DRC in the future...maybe for #3! :-)
We had a visit from our social worker last week for a home study update and expect our home study to be finalized in the next week or so. We're submitting our application to the agency we're working with this week. Assuming that it is accepted, we'll be off and running through the steps to be ready for a match with a birth mom.
We'll be documenting the process and the progress we make towards being matched. As was the case for Bailey's adoption, we need your support! It takes a village and we're so immensely thankful to have you all as part of ours! Here are a few ways you can help us, if you're interested:
- Prayer - Please pray - pray for God to go before us in all of the details and to be preparing us and our birth mom for our match. Pray that it happens in His timing. Pray for our relationship with the agency and for us to respond with grace when things don't go our way (which will happen). Pray for us as we explain to and prepare Bailey for life as a big sister! Most importantly, pray for our little one who may be growing in a birth mom's belly right now.
- Finances - While this adoption may be faster, it's not any cheaper! Domestic adoption is marginally less expensive than international adoption. We're trusting the Lord to provide the funding needed (expected to be ~$35,000) to bring our baby home.
- If you're interested in contributing financially, please use the "Donate" button in the right sidebar to donate through PayPal. We were going to setup a GoFundMe page but their fees are a bit too steep for our liking.
- If you'd prefer to send a check please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for mailing details.
- We're doing a garage sale on Friday and Saturday, June 12th and 13th so let us know if you have any
junkunwanted stuff we can take off your hands to sell!
- We'll also be selling shirts, applying for grants, and whatever other creative fundraisers we can do. Stay tuned for more details!
- Spread the word - Once we have these fundraisers going, please consider sharing on your favorite social media platform(s)!