Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

Muddy Hands

"So, Bailey had some muddy hands this morning..."


In this instance "muddy" referred to the "mud" that a person creates. 

Gross.

That wasn't the way I expected to be greeted this morning.

I wasn't the lucky one to discover this firsthand, but I was at the breakfast table when Jenny realized that the clean up job wasn't quite finished.  "Mud" was still caked under and around Bailey's fingernails. Of course we noticed AFTER she just ate her last bite of banana. 

I just threw up in my mouth. Be right back, need some mouthwash.

Evidently, this is something kids do as they continue "exploring". This morning, unfortunately, there were some extra treats in her diaper. Here's hoping that this phase is very short-lived. 

In other news, it was "consignment week" here in Douglas County. JBF, CLC, MOPS, yada yada yada. Jenny gets this look in her eye when these sales come along. I think her goal is to buy some of the clothes, books, and toys Bailey will need for the next 3 years in a couple 4-day spans each year.  It's impressive to watch, though this year I was on Bailey duty.  So I was only able to celebrate the spoils after the fact.  

For those of you that haven't been to one of these consignment sales, you're missing out.  Imagine a TJ Maxx store, but twice the size, and is full of just kids' stuff, mostly clothes and toys. One of them is held at a convention center!  Racks and racks and racks of clothes.  Oh, and they're RIDICULOUSLY cheap (or they are if the consignor actually wants to sell the stuff) and good quality, some brand new. Add in a mess of shoppers, half-price sales, Baby Bjorns, confused & overwhelmed husbands, and you've got yourself a good old-fashioned consignment sale.  Many of them don't allow children.  If not for the fact that husbands have two arms to carry stuff, we should probably be banned as well.

One of the "spoils" was a "Racin' Rody" - Bailey slowly warmed to it until this happened:

For all you social workers out there, she fell onto very plush carpet. There were no tears, I swear. :-)

One more recent video; one of our favorites:

We've been asked for more pictures, so here you go!















1 comment:

  1. OMG- 'Muddy Hands'!!! I laughed so hard when I read this...but I'm sure it was not funny at the moment.

    ReplyDelete