Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

75%!!

We've raised 75% (well, 74.7%, close enough...) of our needed funding for the adoption!! Thanks again to all that have supported us in this process. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned about the financial need when we first started this journey, but God continues to amaze me by the way He provides. We still have a bit more to go, but I am confident that we will receive the funds we need. We are eternally grateful for the 40+ (including the CO Dept of Revenue!) that have contributed to our Adoption Fund!

A capital campaign is currently underway at our church (Plum Creek Community Church) and Pastor Doug has approached it in a way that is different than other capital campaigns I've been a part of.  Rather than focusing each week on "the building", he's been focusing on generosity and challenging us to step up our generosity. Not just so we can move out of the theater and into a more permanent spot for the church, but to generously reach out to our friends, families, coworkers, neighbors, etc.  Jenny and I have been challenged in our generosity through this campaign, but we've also been SO blessed by the generosity of others.  In the same way we believe in the church and are committed to contributing to the campaign, so many of you have sacrificially given because you believe in us and our calling to adopt.  Thank you doesn't really convey what this means to us. Please know that every prayer, note and gift mean so much to us.


We mailed our official acceptance of our referral today, along with ridiculously large check #2. We've still got a number of steps to complete before we can mail our dossier paperwork off to DR Congo, but we're hopeful that we can get this completed within a few weeks.  

For now, we keep looking at this precious little face:


It's a pretty weird feeling to have minimal information about our daughter and to so desperately want to meet her.  I already love her so much yet know so little about her.  I haven't even seen her with her eyes open!! But she's ours, she's our daughter, "daddy's little girl".  I'm already so protective of her. It pains me that I can't just fly over to DRC and make sure she's being cared for the way she deserves to be cared for, that she's being loved on, that she's being fed.  I have to trust a group of caregivers that I've never met, and pray that they are caring for her as if she were their own.  I anxiously await the next update we receive about her and the latest pictures, but we have no idea when that might be.  So I pray and stare at this picture. And pray some more, and stare a little more.  It's all I can do, but it's enough. It's the best thing I can do. Pray for her. Pray for those caring for her. Pray that God prepares me for being a father, and that I don't screw it up too much! Pray that God will protect her and will fill her with His love.  Pray that He will introduce us to her while she dreams peacefully, so that we won't be strangers when we arrive.  I can not worry about the things over which I have no control. God is in control, and He is providing the care and love she needs until we get to bring her home. I am confident in that. Our paperwork will be approved in His perfect timing and we patiently (not one of my gifts...) wait for the day when we will be united and our family will be together.

Thanks for praying with/for us and more importantly, for our little girl.     



2 comments:

  1. I was searching for DRC adoption blogs and came upon yours! We are adopting through the same agency! Look forward to following your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless and encourage you during this time of separation and waiting! We adopted our youngest two sons from Haiti and I remember well the first photos we received and the long anxious wait to bring them home. Your daughter is beautiful and I pray she will come home very soon!

    ReplyDelete